ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Flop tube

From: Randy Reed <reedrandy at yahoo.com>

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:48:32 UTC

Message:

  Ashley,  right after I got my Eagle, it started
quitting with 12 gallons of fuel while inverted.
Once, I thought I would have to land on a road before
it started up again.  I removed the tank and flop
tube.  The tube was yellow plastic and was so hard
there was know way it would flop enough to pick up
inverted.  I ordered a new one from Aviat.  It ran me
about $90 and works well.  I have been told a lot of
people replace them every 2 years or so just to make
sure it doesn't quit when they need it.  Danny
recomends cutting a hole in the firewall while the
tank is out so the next time you change the tube, you
don't have to remove the tank.  I did that on mine and
made a plate out of aluninum and screwed it to the
firewall with 4 screws to cover up the hole.
randy reed