ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Flop tube

From: klick at aps.anl.gov

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:55:34 UTC

Message:

My S1S was built in August of 1973 in Afton. Last year we
changed the flop tube because we thought it was time.

The factory put a hole in the firewall with a cover that
should have made the change easier, but the screws had
not been turned since they were installed, so that part
was the worst.

After the long tedious job of removing the cover, the flop
tube came out quite easily. It was the steel braid type,
just like the replacement, and just as soft as the new one.

Since we had a new one, we installed it, but I kept the
old one as a back up.

Jim Klick
S1S N9JT

Randy: