ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Flying in AWAC

From: "Tim Carter" <1timcarter at attbi.com>

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:13:04 UTC

Message:

  Alan,

Interesting comments.

> So one pilot might want to compete at AWAC because he sees
it as a stepping
> stone to flying WAC (my own purpose initially), another
because he wants to
> fly Advanced and no more (nowadays almost certainly for
budgetary reasons). A
> third might want to compete at AWAC because his frail old
body no longer
> wants to fly Unlimited even though his young heart still
relishes the joy of
> competing (perhaps my purpose in a few years time!!). All
these reasons are
> valid,

If all of these things are true, (and I think they are) and
combined with Mike's comments about expanding and promoting
the sport, wouldn't it be even more appropriate to have a
Sportsman WAC instead?   SWAC..........I even like the sound
of it.

Other than that,  your joke about multiple presidents is too
scary to be funny     :-)

Tim Carter