Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Fw: Re: Flop tube

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Fw: Re: Flop tube

Thread: [Acro] Fw: Re: Flop tube

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 01:59:22 UTC

Hi Ashley,
Just wondering if you received the original that I sent on 14th. Oct.
Could you please advise if you receive this copy.

Happy Landings
Mal Beard
+61 (0) 418 624 624 
aeros at acenet.net.au

----- Original Message ----- 
To: acro-request at gf24.de ; acro at gf24.de 
Sent: Monday, 14 October 2002 9:26
Subject: Re: [Acro] Re: Flop tube

Hi Ashley,
I had a similar problem in 1978 when test flying my S2A after rebuild, it crashed doing a roll on takeoff, and I purchased the wreck.
On my S2A there are three drain hoses, that attach to two fuel drains on the belly panel. One has "T" piece with a hose from the bottom of the Fuel Gauge Assembly attached to one side, and the other hose coming from the  fuel tank low point attached to it.
The third hose that comes from the fuel filter, attaches separately to the second fuel drain. 
If the hose from the fuel filter is Inadvertently swapped onto the "T" piece, air enters the system when inverted, causing the motor to give a long period of silence when inverted !!!! Upon rolling upright, normal power will be restored.
Have any of your hoses being removed for maintenance??
Just an idea of something to look at. Hope that it helps to solve your problem. It took me weeks to figure out my problem.

Happy Landings
Mal Beard
+61 (0) 418 624 624 
aeros at acenet.net.au
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  To: acro at gf24.de 
  Sent: Saturday, 12 October 2002 11:16
  Subject: [Acro] Re: Flop tube

Frank. 
  If it isn't the flop tube, what else could it be? Negative G produces an instant dead engine. I tried actuating the wobble pump, and that did not revive it. The only thing I didn't do was apply positive G while inverted, but the instant I roll upright, power again! Anyway, I'll put the new tube in when it comes in, and give a full report. Stay tuned for the continuing saga!

Ashley 
Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn