ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headqua ...

From: "Virginia M. Jacobson" <virginia at odysseypub.com>

Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 10:55:56 UTC

Message:

How strange............

The state of Michigan now requires any pilot applicant or any
applicant for a new rating to be fingerprinted and registered with the
state. Now with the photo ID requirement I wonder if the state will
require a document like Dick had to have?  With today's technology it
will probably be the size of your drivers license but have far more
than just your fingerprints encoded in it. I guess we need to face the
fact that times are changing and our freedoms are being stressed. The
need to protect the greater good is greater than the need to protect
the individual and his or her freedoms. At least it seem to be heading
that way.

It appears the days of honesty, integrity and where ones word meant
something are all but gone. No one can be trusted therefore everyone
must be traceable. The irony as I see it is those who are truly evil
will always find a way around the system. The more the system tries to
protect its self the more it restricts those it tries to protect.
There seems to be a Catch 22 no matter which way you go.  The only
true way to stop what is happening is to change the mind set that
causes it in the first place. Until someone can find a way to truly do
so the need for Big brother will only grow.

If anyone out there can suggest a better idea I'm sure there are many
that would be willing to listen. No one likes the idea of their
personal freedoms and rights being taken away. I for one dislike the
idea of not knowing that if I walk out my door if I will be coming
home at night or if I will ever see the ones I love again because a
snipers bullet or a suicide bomber may take them from me. The times we
face are not pleasant but we could have to face every day like the
Israeli's. There isn't a single Israeli that knows when they walk out
their door if they will be coming home at night.

Personally, Dick Rihn's comments leave me with some hope. Quote "The
more things change the more they remain the same" Dick lived through a
time in history where no one could be trusted. Time went on and that
changed maybe it will again, but only if we work for it instead of
complaining about it. It seems to me that to many of us keep
forgetting that WE ARE AT WAR!  The battle field and the tactics have
changed but we are at war non the less.

My sermon for the day.

Virginia Jacobson