Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headqua ...

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headqua ...

Thread: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headqua ...

Message: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headquarters

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:07:20 UTC

Virginia:
            It would be a safe bet that the vast majority of acro flyers, and enthusiasts are in for the feelings of freedom that we enjoy in our sport/hobby.  Most are probably of the "live free or die" mentality.  So when you start talking about giving up little freedoms it touches nerves.   The operative words there were "giving up" since power (read that as freedom) is seldom taken away from anybody who does not willing give it up.  I would love to be able to trust each and every elected and appointed official to do the right thing for our country and for my individual freedoms - but sorry, too much evidence to the contrary,  intentional and unintentional, to be signing blank checks.  Let me simply refer any interested in this subject to read "The TYRANNY of GOOD INTENTIONS"  (Subtitle: How prosecutors and Bureaucrats are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice.)  by Paul Craig Roberts and Lawrence M. Stratton, Prima Publishing - 2000.

Virginia, they have been taking away your freedom for years in the name of justice.  Now you want to give them more in the name of security??   Once you have read that, tell me again why we should not be worried?

Cheers,  Frank
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  To: IAC, EXPLODER 
  Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 7:18 PM
  Subject: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headquarters

Hello

Once again I will come out in the arena, I'll probably just get my ears boxed again but here I go.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I welcome them. However I think some have totally misunderstood the point I was trying to make. First off I was only pointing out an observation of the times we are living in and the current events which are shaping our lives, much like Dick reminisced about his years in the 1930's and 40's. 

I was not trying to encourage sympathy for either the Palestinians or the Israeli's but merely pointing out what life might be like if you had to live with the constant threat of terrorism in your own back yard each and every day the way they have to.  I do not and I will emphasize DO NOT advocate giving up individual freedom for the sake of the masses! I was merely trying to point out that sometimes we need to sacrifice some of our freedoms in order to ensure them for the future. Our parents, if you are my age any way, had to sacrifice many personal freedoms during WWII in order to ensure the freedoms we enjoy today. Our nation was formed by those who chose to pursue individual freedoms and rights and the people of this nation have fought and died for those very rights through out the years. 

We are no longer separated by vast oceans from those who desire to destroy our freedom regardless of what ever their motives may be. Those who wish to destroy the very principles by which this nation was founded have the ability today to reach every corner of the globe and reek destruction and terror.  9/11 I believe is only the beginning of terror in which this nation has yet to experience first hand. It is all our responsibilities to fight and defeat those who wish to destroy that which we hold so dear. It is not just our governments role to protect us but every individuals responsibility. Sometimes in order to be able to fight effectively we must restrict some of the things we take for granted temporarily.  

I do not believe that any right given up is for ever lost! The freedom and rights of the individual is the corner stone by which this nation was founded and is the only principle which all Americans are willing to die for. After 9/11 every non military aircraft was banished from the skies. If our nation was formed by those who only wish to control the masses the skies would of never been reopened for its citizens to once again enjoy. It is very unfortunate that aviation was used as the means by which terror struck this nation. However, it remains a fact that it was effectively use against us. We would be negligent to ignore this fact and do nothing to try to ensure that it is not used again. 

So far the only thing that has been asked of us is to do something that 99% of us do anyway. I know of no one who gripes about being required to have a photo ID for a drivers license and presenting it to authorities or others as proof of who they are. So why is anyone up in arms about being able to do the same if asked to while exercising the privileges of being an airman?  

To close I have received some emails from individuals who have not only been quite rude but who have attacked my character. Everyone has a right to their opinion whether you agree with it or not and they have a right to be heard, again a freedom we hold dear. So the next time I receive such an email I will post it publicly so everyone can hear what an ass you are. After all it is your right.

Sincerely;

Virginia Jacobson

Attachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn