ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headqua ...

From: Frank <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:07:20 UTC

Message:

Virginia:
            It would be a safe bet that the vast majority of acro flyers, and enthusiasts are in for the feelings of freedom that we enjoy in our sport/hobby.  Most are probably of the "live free or die" mentality.  So when you start talking about giving up little freedoms it touches nerves.   The operative words there were "giving up" since power (read that as freedom) is seldom taken away from anybody who does not willing give it up.  I would love to be able to trust each and every elected and appointed official to do the right thing for our country and for my individual freedoms - but sorry, too much evidence to the contrary,  intentional and unintentional, to be signing blank checks.  Let me simply refer any interested in this subject to read "The TYRANNY of GOOD INTENTIONS"  (Subtitle: How prosecutors and Bureaucrats are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice.)  by Paul Craig Roberts and Lawrence M. Stratton, Prima Publishing - 2000.

         Virginia, they have been taking away your freedom for years in the name of justice.  Now you want to give them more in the name of security??   Once you have read that, tell me again why we should not be worried?

             Cheers,  Frank