ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Fw: Important News from IAC Headqua ...

From: Planedancer at aol.com

Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:17:00 UTC

Message:

  In a message dated 10/30/2002 4:05:39 PM Central Standard Time,
klick at aps.anl.gov writes:

<< The VFW and American Legion, as well as the US Government
 Department of Veterans Affairs would seem to disagree.

 Another thread to start debate. >>

You bet.  When I was in Germany during Desert Storm, the VFW was there
recruiting.  They told me they didn't consider us veterans of foreign war
unless we actually served in the Saudi/Kuwait arena.  Later, they "changed
their minds" about that, but I pretty well ignored them after that.  Seems
they aren't truly interested in "new blood" to keep the organization going,
or they weren't interested in female members at that time.

<< I wish we had flying weather in Chicago.  >>

Wish we had it in Texas, but I'm getting some good experience safety piloting
in IMC while preparing to start instrument training, so...

Melanie
Rhome (Ft. Worth) TX