ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Picture ID ad nauseam

From: Douglas Lovell <dcl at us.ibm.com>

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:09:56 UTC

Message:

I'm with you, Marilyn.  There's nothing worse than bureaucrats trying to
cover their butts by cutting off someone else's nose.

How's that for mixed metaphors?

Can you find a sensible person to run for office?  Doesn't seem like
something a sensible person would do.  Oh well.  See you on election day.
Hope to find one.

Out,
Doug

                      "Marilyn Dash"
                      <mdash at rcn.com>          To:       "IAC Exploder" <acro at gf24.de>
                                               cc:
                      10/29/2002 09:46         Subject:  [Acro] Picture ID ad nauseum
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Douglas Lovell

This line of discussion makes me miss the trolls! Where's Paco when you
need him?

On this subject - however...
You know they won't stop here. This is just the beginning of the feds
chipping away at our freedoms. Sure, it wouldn't kill me to bring a picture
ID. However, we are once again begin "blamed" for something we didn't do.

Really REALLY bad people stole airplanes and did REALLY bad things with
them. Was it a Pitts? Eagle? Cherokee? Cessna? NO! I bet not one of those
murderers could do an outside snap!

Even when that young kid in Tampa flew his Cessna into a building - he
actually BROKE A WINDOW! Period. Oh - and killed a very sick and troubled
teen in the process. I bet he had a picture ID on him at the time. Did that
prevent anything? Nope!

I feel like the feds are all looking to prevent things that already
happened rather than looking for the next way those little b*stards are
going to try to get to us.

Hold your fire gang - I actually don't care who disagrees with me. That's
what election day is for here in the US.

Go out and vote.

Dash