ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Picture ID ad nauseum

From: Andrew Boyd <aboyd at qnx.com>

Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:23:20 UTC

Message:

I can only presume from all of this, that the authorities must be
intensely interested in reducing the probability of hi-jacking by
the aircraft's crew  :-)  :-)

I know that in these grim days, airline pilots are not allowed to
have a sense of humour, but if I had to drive a bus with wings for
a living, and someone repeatedly insisted on taking away my nail
clippers, one day I would show up for work with an axe.

My very reasonable explanation to all the inevitable hysterical
minimum wage security guards would be that my office already has
an axe, and this extra axe is merely for redudancy, which is of
paramount concern in transport ops.  You have two (or more) of
everything else in the cockpit, hm?  :-)  :-)  :-)

The most amusing thing here is actually what is least apparent ...
there are people on this list that forward these messages onto
the federal authorities, so do be careful what you say here,
and keep in mind that you can of course expect to be quoted out
of context.

--
aboyd