ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Vertical rolls-to the right in Pitts

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith" <petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 02:03:58 UTC

Message:

	I know its quite amazing, this email list has been talking about
aerobatics related stuff for over a week!

	Anyway, in the 2003 Intermediate Known there is a Hammerhead with
roll up and none down which of course changes your heading by 90 degrees. I
had not actually thought too much about it but I was always doing my
vertical rolls to the left and this little maneuver forces you to go to the
right depending on your position. My problem is that I'm getting some
serious pitch/yaw changes when I roll it to the right on the vertical. I
tried it 4-5 times today with not very good results. I assume I'm somehow
adding elevator as I go around but I'm open to suggestions. Are there some
other effects happening in a right vertical roll I'm not aware of?

	(Damn is a Pitts ever nice to fly in temperatures of about -3C)

	Peter