ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Landing advice

From: "Bob Romero" <love2loop at earthling.net>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:31:01 UTC

Message:

There is a carrier in the ocean just 3 miles off shore and only 5 miles from
my home airport.  Our newspaper reported that it is not in service as it is
undergoing some maintenance at sea.

I want to do a "touch and go" on the carrier and wondered if there are any
military personnel out there who may know the dimensions of the deck/landing
area.

Really, I would like to do a full stop, but I don't think my citabria will
be able to lift off such a short runway.  Also, I am afraid that actually
stopping on the carrier may be illegal or get me in some sort of trouble.

Any advice?

-Bob Romero
--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116