ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Landing advice

From: "Ed Duckwater" <duckwater at presidency.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 04:36:48 UTC

Message:

  Bob,

That is MY aircraft carrier. You DO NOT have my permission to land on it. It is anchored offshore awaiting a retofit in Long Beach harbor to convert the nuclear powerplants to more efficient diesel engines. Unfortunately, the damn longshoremen refuse to let it dock unless I provide them all 70 virgins and endless wine. (Im offering my mother and a bottle of Malt Liquor)

However, I do have an old Soviet Boomer class submarine that I have converted to include a 2,500' landing strip on the deck. It will surface at noon tomorrow just off the coast of La Jolla. Feel free to practice all the touch and goes you wish on it.

Ed Duckwater
Grumman HU-16 Albatross (Land only Conversion)