ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Landing advice

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:08:16 UTC

Message:

  That is just pure BALLS!!!!!! I love it! Go out there
for some pictures and hopefully you won't get "carb
ice" and have to land.

--- Bob Romero <love2loop at earthling.net> wrote:

> There is a carrier in the ocean just 3 miles off
> shore and only 5 miles from
> my home airport.  Our newspaper reported that it is
> not in service as it is
> undergoing some maintenance at sea.
>
> I want to do a "touch and go" on the carrier and
> wondered if there are any
> military personnel out there who may know the
> dimensions of the deck/landing
> area.
>
> Really, I would like to do a full stop, but I don't
> think my citabria will
> be able to lift off such a short runway.  Also, I am
> afraid that actually
> stopping on the carrier may be illegal or get me in
> some sort of trouble.
>
> Any advice?
>
> -Bob Romero
> --

> Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at
> Mail.com
> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
> Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where
> singles click. Free to Search!
> http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495