ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Landing advice

From: "rklarich" <rklarich at email.msn.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:21:16 UTC

Message:

  All,

Without discussing piloting skill of a stationary carrier landing....

BAD idea, even if at sea, the carrier would be considered sovereign, a no
touch area for sure.
If simply treated as a military controlled landing area, check with the need
for a Pentagon Civil Aircraft Landing Permit,
Each branch of the service has an office to contact- it assures the gov't
you have insurance and need, and
waives the gov't of any liability. I'll throw a link in.

When civil aircraft have worked with carriers, it's been movie stunts and
anniversary events, not just popping in for a quick try.

Now, should you do this- if the deck is fouled, the Marines will no doubt
pull you out of the wreckage and greet you properly.
You'll look silly on CNN even if you don't wreck.  This would be funny
pre-9/11. Today, it's not.  All taxpayers own it, not just
you, and your gov't has allowed the military to post signs that trespassers
may be shot at military fields. I wouldn't even get
close enough to a carrier to see if the same signs are posted......

Rich Klarich
IAC 21376

CALP FORMS

http://www.usaasa.belvoir.army.mil/CALP/CALPS010625.htm

DD2400  DD2401  DD2402
EXAMPLE CIVIL AIRCRAFT LANDING PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER