ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Lightweight batteries and alternators

From: "Phil Sisson, Litchfield Aerobatic Club" <sisson at mcleodusa.net>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:06:11 UTC

Message:

  Paul, when I rebuild my Pitts, I am going to use a valve regulated, gas
recombinant battery for a Harley-Davidson FXRT. The one I have here costs$60 at
REXX Battery Co. Springfield, IL.
It weighs in at about 14 lbs. We pulled mixture on a Mooney and done some start
tests. I produced twenty 15 second spins and still showed no signs of weekening.
We gave a few minutes starter cool down between each test.We stopped for fear of
burning up starter. I would follow B&C recomindation on charging VRGR
batteries...

These are neat batteries for homebuilts...

Phil