ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Lightweight batteries and alternators

From: Allan Krosner <t28driver at nccn.net>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:59:07 UTC

Message:

  Paul,

I changed to a 15lb battery when I bought my S1-S.  The previous owner weighed a
lot less then me.  I flew it this way for awhile, but, eventually I moved the
battery to a position just in front of the stick.  The smaller battery worked
great.  I did not realize that the alternator was not working when I first
installed the smaller battery.  I made about 5 flights on the battery before I
figured out that the alternator was not working.  The battery was still starting
the engine just fine.  I do have the light weight B&C alternator.

Allan Krosner