ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Lightweight batteries and alternators

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:16:05 UTC

Message:

  B&C for the alternator all the way. The battery I am
using is a Panasonic (I'll get the part number if
interested). I think it weighs about 10 lbs. Works
excellent!!!
--- Klusmanp at aol.com wrote:
> I've got a 23 lb Concord SLA battery that is mounted
> behind the seat of my
> Pitts S-1S. I'm tailheavy (well, the plane is) so
> I'd like to replace the
> Concord battery with a lighter battery and
> alternator that I could mount
> forward of the firewall.
>
> Any recommendations on lightweight alternators and
> batteries and where to buy
> them?
>
> Thanks again,
> Paul Klusman
>
> P.S. Concord RG-25 battery for sale soon. Less than
> 6 months old.

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495