ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Lightweight batteries and alternators

From: "Paul B. Stambaugh" <pstambau at yahoo.com>

Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:22:22 UTC

Message:

  Peter, I seem to recall that the B&C alternator was
STC'ed for the Pitts. Check with them.

--- Peter Ashwood-Smith <petera at nortelnetworks.com>
wrote:
> Second the B&C light weight starter. They are
> phenomenal and turn the prop
> much much faster than the Prestolites (which seem to
> wear out very quickly).
> I wore out two Prestolites in one year.
>
> I just wish I could put the B&C alternator on my
> certified Pitts too sigh...
>

> Peter

=====
Paul Stambaugh - IAC Chapter 88
Pitts S1-S  N34RM "Psycho Therapy"
SkyTours Aerobatics - The Ultimate Aerobatic Experience
www.skytoursaerobatics.8m.com
Ann Arbor, MI & Toledo, OH
Phone: Days, Office (810)-986-0389, Evenings (419) 269-0626
Cell:  248-705-8495