ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Lightweight batteries and alternators

From: Ken Stevens <wb4zpl at bellsouth.net>

Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 04:46:55 UTC

Message:

  Paul,

I wasn't going to comment on this but you are getting info that's not the best.
First, I don't think you are tail heavy. Behind the seat is where the
battery goes. (if the plane is built to plans) If a S1 is a little
bit aft CG it's not as big a deal as some would think. (ask Bill Thomas)

If you want a smaller battery and alt talk to Bill at B & C.
I have a BC100 25 amp hr battery, my second. The first one lasted
about 8 yrs. Honest, and I don't have an alt, I ground charge it.
To make one last you must take care of it. Keep it charged with the
correct charger.

Give Bill at B & C Specialty Products a call and he can give you advice
you can trust.  (Ph 316-283-8000)

Ken Stevens
Pitts S1
IAC 14340