ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Where to find refills for exhaust d ...

From: "Steve Pennypacker" <spenny at verizon.net>

Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:33:50 UTC

Message:

Thanks to all the folks who replied.

The desiccant plugs are available from Aircraft Spruce.  Probably from
other sources too, I just haven't looked.  To answer one question, we
use these any time the engine isn't running, to keep moisture out as
much as possible.

Neal Frangesh came up with the winning solution, which is an industrial
supply house like McMaster-Carr ( <outbind://49/www.mcmaster.com>
www.mcmaster.com).  I've just ordered a 1 lb. lifetime supply of
"indicating silica gel" for $15.  "Indicating" means it's blue when it's
dry & pink when saturated with moisture.  Toss it in the oven for a
while to drive out the moisture and reuse it.

Steve