ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Garmin GPSII Plus

From: "Virginia M. Jacobson" <virginia at odysseypub.com>

Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:29:23 UTC

Message:

Hi Melaine

Go to Garmins web site listed below and read about the GPS II PLUS. It
sounds more like a hiking unit that tracks where you have been. It
doesn't sound like it's used for navigation. It gives you an
electronic compass and position mapping.
http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsIIp/

I would think this is not a very good unit based on the description
for aviation navigation. I personally suggest either a GPS 195 or
Garmins newest all in one GPS 196. If you are considering a hand held
for your plane you could also look at their GPS 92 or GPS III models
which would be much cheaper. Go to http://www.gpscity.com for pricing.

Virginia Jacobson