ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: wing walk options

From: DSowder at aol.com

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 04:47:07 UTC

Message:

In a message dated 11/12/2002 5:42:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jeffery at texas.net writes:

> It's getting close to re-assembly time for my freshly recovered Pitts S2-B
> and
> I had a question regarding wing walk covering options.

Jeffery,

 I found some non-slip strips about 2 1/2" wide at the local home improvement
store. They're light gray color with sticky back. I cut a couple of them to
the right length and rounded the ends, stuck 'em on and they've made no
attempt to move or slip in 5 seasons of flying, including a couple of trips
to TX. No metal strip across the front; doesn't seem to be necessary with the
rounded front. I think I still have the package in my hangar; I'll try to
stop by there and get some more info in the next day or two.

I do regret, however, that when I repaired the wings I didn't replace the
flimsy wing-walk plywood with something about 3/16" thick.

Doug Sowder