ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Seat Cushion Material

From: "Allyson Parker-Lauck" <princess70 at earthlink.net>

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:12:33 UTC

Message:

I need to make a seat cushion for my plane.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking, "Don't you already have enough cushion on your seat?"  I've dropped some more pounds since I saw you guys last, so I actually do need a cushion, thank you.

Anyway, I'm trying to find some foam that I've seen several pilots use for extra cushions.  It's soft and pliable, but it's really dense so it doesn't squish down too bad.  I thought that a sleeping bag mat might work, but the ones I've seen are really thin, and even with layering them, I'd have to buy 3 or 4 of them (at $30+ I know there's got to be a cheaper way).

I need to go up at least 4 inches, so I'm thinking if I can find 1 or 2" thick stuff, I can stack it.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Allyson Parker-Lauck