ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Seat Cushion Material

From: jeffery at texas.net

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:14:31 UTC

Message:

  Tempra foam is amazing stuff.  Your body temperature will allow it to conform
to your body like a glove.  The problem with it for acro is that it requires
you to ratchet up your harness multiple times during a flight, particularly
when it's cold to start with.  The thicker the pad, the more re-adjustments you
have to make as it warms up and conforms.  Use of a backpack chute would have a
much greater affect from body temperature.

Jeffery Poehlmann

> > Go to a Medical Equipment Supplier and ask for T-Foam (aka Temprafoam) this
is used in
wheel chair cushions. If they do not have the foam ask for a wheel chair
cushion that has
it and cut it yourself to the required size. Your body temperature will mold
the cushion
exactly for you. Steve Hill > From: "Allyson Parker-Lauck"
<princess70 at earthlink.net>
> > Date: 2002/11/14 Thu PM 01:08:37 EST
> > To: "Acro" <acro at gf24.de>
> > Subject: [Acro] Seat Cushion Material
> >
> > I need to make a seat cushion for my plane.  Yeah, I know what you're
thinking, "Don't
you already have enough cushion on your seat?"  I've dropped some more pounds
since I saw
you guys last, so I actually do need a cushion, thank you.

> > Anyway, I'm trying to find some foam that I've seen several pilots use for
extra
cushions.  It's soft and pliable, but it's really dense so it doesn't squish
down too bad.
 I thought that a sleeping bag mat might work, but the ones I've seen are
really thin, and
even with layering them, I'd have to buy 3 or 4 of them (at $30+ I know there's
got to be
a cheaper way).

> > I need to go up at least 4 inches, so I'm thinking if I can find 1 or 2"
thick stuff, I
can stack it.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.