ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Seat Cushion Material

From: mike.torbett at honeywell.com

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:16:45 UTC

Message:

Hi Allyson,

    The best defense is a good offense eh ?  That is my philosophy as well.
Anyway...

I once had a J3 Cub which was capable of numbing you butt in 30 minutes or
less. Quite brutal actually. I bought some temperfoam from ACS and made seat
cushions out of it. It was wonderful. I could fly for hours without pain -
as a matter of fact I once flew it 14 hours in one day without any serious
side effects. I would recommend it - the foam that is, not the 14 hour part.
It is somewhat hard but softens a bit as it warms. It will conform to your
shape, thus spreading the load evenly eliminating and pressure points. It is
available in thicknesses up to 3" so you might just put 1" or so of hard
foam filler underneath.

Regards,
Mike

                                   Honeywell