ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Certificated to Experimental?

From: Pitts58ct at cs.com

Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 16:45:40 UTC

Message:

Eric,
  Going to Experimental is not a big deal. The FAA will, most of the time, do
it quickly. Going back to standard only requires that you re do the change.
SO.. if you want to go to a spring gear on a Pitts you can go Experimental to
do it. If you insist on being in the Experimental category but may want to go
back to standard..KEEP THE OLD GEAR.

WHY NOT just stay in Standard category with the use of a Form 337. I can't
speak for other  type a/c but I have a Pitts S1-T that is still in Standard
and I have made a lot of modifications with the 337. Should work with other
types of a/c. I admit, you do have to jump through a BUNCH of hoops for the
feds but I have found it worthwhile.

Luck,
Tom Adams