ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] RE: Winter flying & oil temperatures i ...

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith" <petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:03:58 UTC

Message:

Have had lots of folks telling me I worry too much... which is better than
not worrying enough.

Got a nice 180F today with an OAT of -5C at surface so I will stop worrying
about it and find something else to obsess about ;)

Got an interesting bit of advice concerning the dip stick. Suggestion was to
leave it loose and off to the side after a flight to allow condensation to
escape. Sounds like hellishly good advice to me.

Cheers,

Peter