ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: How much vertical in a B?

From: "Dr. Guenther Eichhorn" <gei at head-cfa.harvard.edu>

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 01:54:15 UTC

Message:

Jerry,

Multiple rolls on vertical lines take a lot of practice.  You
need to learn to fly very smoothly and very accurately.  Any
slight wobble or any slight wing drop will cost you roll time.
In order to get the maximum out of the plane will take years.  I
remember when I got my S-2A, I thought it is impossible to do a
full roll on a 45 degree line.  A couple of years ago I flew
Unlimited in the same plane and did very well.  I managed to do
2 full rolls and fly off.  The more gas you put through the
engine, the more you can roll :-)

Guenther