ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: How much vertical in a B?

From: "Peter Ashwood-Smith" <petera at nortelnetworks.com>

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 02:25:37 UTC

Message:

I assume you mean push or pull off the top? If so, you need MUCH more
airspeed for this than to hammerhead off the top. In fact you can hammerhead
from 0 airspeed but to fly off the top you probably need 30mph minimum
probably 50mph or more with a metal prop. In the T for example, if you pull
to vertical and wait to about 60mph and try to push off the top, you will
'just' run out of aileron. I assume the B with metal prop can be flown off
the top a bit slower because it is a larger aircraft and that the composite
propped B can go even slower still. You may find that you can fly off the
top inverted at a lower speed than pushing to upright.

Cheers,

Peter