ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: How much vertical in a B?

From: SpeedDr at aol.com

Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 00:20:39 UTC

Message:

I remember Aviat saying that best cornering G to preserve speed  is 3.75 G
for a Pitts. Monoplanes at 6 to 7 G.  On  a day of 85 degrees and high
humidity, I would only get 1400 feet of vertical out of  a "B" or my "T"  .
That is with 9 gallons fuel, 200lb. pilot and 3.75 G pull at Vne to a 0 mph.
stop.                            Rick Volker