Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd ...

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re: Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd ...

Thread: [Acro] Re: Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd ...

Message: [Acro] Re: Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd try)

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:19:29 UTC

>From the Extra 300/L POH  Section 9.10.1:  
The Extra 300/L can be operated in an additional two seat Acro III category.  This category is defined by a MTOW of 950 kg (2095 lbs), a max. load factor of +/- 6g, and a Va of 158 KIAS. 

DJ Molny <djmolny at yahoo.com> wrote: Pete - The max weight for dual acro (+8/-8G) in my 300L is 1918 lbs.  Empty weight is about 1525, leaving 393lbs useful load.  Subtract two 170-lb "FAA Standard" pilots, and you have 53 lbs for gas (8.83 gal). Regards,DJ -----Original Message-----
From: Pete & Farrell Rouse [mailto:Pete-Farrell at kc.rr.com] 
Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 10:14 AM
To: Brent Rogers; ACROGUY at aol.com; acro at gf24.de
Subject: [Acro] Re: Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd try)

To All, I have a Pitts Weight and Balance spreadsheet that will calculate the weight and cg position in the envelope for the various Pitts models.  I have example empty weights and moments entered into the program, but specific airplane empty weights and moments can be entered. The spreadsheet is easy to use and if anyone is interested, let me know (it's free as I did it for fun). As to the S-2B question, a couple of 160lb pilots and 10 gallons of gas will keep the airplane in the acro category.  I would be interested in hearing for an Extra 300 driver if their weight and balance envelope will allow two pilots in th acro envelope. Pete Rouse----- Original Message ----- From: Brent Rogers To: ACROGUY at aol.com ; acro at gf24.de Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2002 10:37 AMSubject: [Acro] Re: Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd try)
I would be interested in the answer(s) as well.  Brent Rogers ----- Original Message ----- From: ACROGUY at aol.com To: acro at gf24.de Sent: December 28, 2002 7:46 PMSubject: [Acro] Weight and Balance and the S2B (2nd try)
To All,

Anybody out there know how you can legally fly a S2B in the aerobatic category with two normal size males with parachutes on board?  I know several schools do it all the time.  Every time I run the numbers I come up overweight for aerobatics and occasionally over max gross.

I think I know the answer.......but does anyone feel a little uneasy about the answer?

Jack Stovall
Pitt S2B 

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up nowAttachement 1: part2.html

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn