ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Re:

From: Don Peterson <autotech at flash.net>

Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:48:45 UTC

Message:

 John,

Certainly the bottom pull on an N is an extended period of max gee.
Actually less than a goldfish, though, as there was a longer -1 or so at
the top of the looping part of the goldfish and a positive loading from
just past the top all the way around the the ascending 45.  A pull from
a descending 45 to vertical doesn't last as long, and I find it is the
duration that hurts far more than the amount of gee.

Virginia has put things in reasonable perspective, I think.  Go try it
and let's see how the year goes.  There have been numerous cases in the
past where a small vocal group cried out after a decision was made and
in the end no problem appeared during the subsequent year.  I recall
specifically the increase to 300k for the advanced freestyle and the
inclusion of the inverted 90 degree turn in intermediate.  One would
have thought from the crying during the winter that we would be scraping
bodies off the runway for the entire season.  In the end, advanced has
grown to be a huge success (other factors prevail, I'm sure), and I
watched lots of people learn how to do inverted turns.  Odd how if you
establish a bar with plenty of notice people just go out and learn how
to jump over it.

Don't you you just crack up how some people think insults and innuendo
are persuasive to their case?  I think what that sort of behavior causes
is fewer people participating in these discussions, then the rude few
can point to how no one else is speaking out in opposition to their view
points.  Small mobs have often pursued their goals with these methods.

Chix seems to think that "flyable" should not be the criterion for
sequence selection.  Whether she is right or wrong, it is the current
test for a sequence.  Any change from that standard to another will
require a board decision, not an after-the-fact debate on this exploder,
which is not even monitored by many board members.

Don