ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [acro] Partial power loss followed by forced/p ...

Message: Re: [acro] Partial power loss followed by forced/precautionary landing???????

From: Farrell Woods <ftw at adelphia.net>

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:28:31 UTC

Message:

 Rasch, Hellmut wrote:

> Is it possible that it was a stuck valve?  Would a stuck valve be
> accompanied by a change in engine noise?  It seems to have cleared
> itself.  Obviously further investigation is in order and I intend to go
> through it with a fine tooth comb.  Just looking for opinions.

You said O-360, not IO- or maybe AEIO-360?  If you're engine actually is
injected, pull the injectors and look for blockage.  You should be able
to see through them: they're nothing but precisely-sized orifices.

If you see one that's clogged, you can try soaking it in Hoppes #9
gunpowder solvent.  Do NOT push safety wire through the hole, you'll
ruin the injector.  Let the thing soak for several minutes, maybe
up to a half-hour if you have other stuff to do.  Blow it out with
some air (buy a can at an office supply store if you don't have
shop air handy).  The hole should look nice and round; all four
should be the same size.

You can get Hoppes #9 at Wal-Mart, in the gun section.

	-- Farrell