ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [acro] IAC Scoring Program

Message: Re: [acro] IAC Scoring Program

From: "Frank Gorham" <frankgorham at comcast.net>

Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 01:56:41 UTC

Message:

I can't believe the current thread about the TBLP scoring systemAllyson,

               Interesting background info - perhaps best published prior to the recent BOD meeting and decision?

               I am rather astonished at the reliance upon old DOS soft and hardware  for TBLP.  It would seem a simple enough task to incorporate the scoring system into something like an excel spreadsheet (although I remain functionally baffled by them, the concept is quite straightforward.)

               Regarding contest rules it seems we have a definite procedure to publish proposals for comment significantly PRIOR to any implementing vote.  This, I assume, to allow and encourage member comments.   Why did this procedure not apply to TBLP's deletion?  Were they not a part of our contest rules?

              Many political bodies require several readings of proposed ordinances prior to their final adoption.   If this situation has been brewing and festering for at least a decade, why a sudden unpublicized urge to vote a change?

             Cheers,   Frank