ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [Acro] Giles G-202

From: "chris meyer" <chrism2 at bellsouth.net>

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:01:00 UTC

Message:

Just dropping a line to anyone interested,I have purchased the molds for the Giles G-202 and we are currently sending the plane through an extensive redesign.We have reengineered the wing.The new wing planform is now a double taper with a one piece spar,increased area,four aileron hinges as opposed to three,among other things.We have also made some changes in the gear box and we are currently redesigning the tail a bit.The new wing is capable of being retrofitted to an existing 202.My 202 is currently being retro'ed as we speak and is scheduled for flight testing later this month.If all goes well we plan on reintroducing the plane sometime in the middle of next year.There is obviously too much imformation to list here but if anyone has any questions dont hesitate to call me direct or e-mail me.Thank you all for your time.
                                             Chris Meyer
                                              Boynton Beach FL.
                                               561-737 6306