ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Oil pressure problem (fwd)

Message: Oil pressure problem (fwd)

From: dierks at austin.ibm.com

Date: Sat, 09 Sep 1995 01:20:46 UTC

Message:

   Guenther, please keep us posted as to what you find on this.

 I would open up the Christen valve and inspect the 'ball'
 and the seats as well as the spring.  Maybe something like
 the spring broke or with the ball getting hammered up and
 down it chipped the seat or the ball and this may allow it
 to suck air.

 If your read the Christen valve information they say it
 is suppose to be flushed out each 50 hours to remove any
 sludge etc. from it.  Maybe something got trapped in it
 and is not letting the ball seat firmly on the seat.

 Cheers, Herman