ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:1231] Re: Four Minute Free

From: Don Peterson <autotech at flash.net>

Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 23:01:11 UTC

Message:

 N606SU at aol.com wrote:

> I agree with this. Don when can we see the stampe four minute free. Are you
> planning on flying this sequence at this years "Bluff"
>
> Ray LeBlanc

Bear in mind, Ray, some dreams are fulfilled by their dreaming, and not
by their doing...

Read earlier post on Bluff.  It is a long time away, but we are
considering some sort of free style which is non-standard.  Again, as
long as we follow our strict safety guidelines, this should be no more
threatening than our non-standard unknowns (the "Bluff").

At this point, we will probably move the contest to July or August to
take advantage of the long dead spot between the Spring contests and Fall
Edna/Galveston stuff.  By requiring a non-standard free, we think things
will open up a bit and add to the fun.  Watch this space.

As for doing a 4 minute free in the Stampe, I dunno.  It obviously
conjures up a mental grin.  In reality, I am not sure I could keep it up
at altitude for 4 minutes unless I did just a bunch of rolls and turns.
Anything interesting to watch tends to burn altitude, and I don't have a
Vedneyev up front to tractor me back up.  Still, one must wonder...
particularly with a bunch of sun-bleached Galveston politicos as judges.
 The open cockpit and a Looooonngg white scarf could do the trick.
Wonder what a long white scarf would do in a tail slide?  Wasn't there a
famous dancer in a Bugatti several years ago...?  Never mind.

Don