ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:376] Fwd: Fly the friendly skies

From: PACEMAKER8 at aol.com

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 21:01:06 UTC

Date:    97-06-13 15:48:44 EDT
From:    Poetigger
To:      Poepooh,PACEMAKER8,Corby5,BKC252
To:      Sanchezax,mheinrich at ti.com

Date:    97-06-13 14:51:27 EDT
From:    CBettman
To:      00610 at udel.edu,Jill at pacifier.com
To:      JAC at pacifier.com,Clruiz at mmm.com
To:      ting at fas.harvard.edu
To:      lgraham at mail.utexas.edu
To:      druiz at sunamerica.com,BAYazzie
To:      emiyadi at charter.com,JRossiter
To:      Galskater at juno.com
To:      GStark at lzu.edu.cn
To:      claudw at modrall.com
To:      smjaxn at albq.uswest.net,Kayline96
To:      Mircalla,Ksu96,Poetigger,Apoem
To:      Pamela980,CHEZBULWIN,JMarie11
To:      Hezzz,RANNPOND

Wow!  My kind of gal!

Chris.
  An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in Denver for
being smart and funny, and making her point, when confronted with a
passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.  During the final days at
Denver's old Stapleton airport, a crowded United flight was cancelled.
A single agent was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.
Suddenly anangry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped
his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight
and it has to be FIRST CLASS." The agent replied, "I'm sorry sir.
I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first,
and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." The passenger
was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so
that the passengers behind him could hear, "Do you have any idea who
I am?"  Without hesitating, the gate agent smiled and grabbed her public
address microphone. "May I have your attention please?" she began, her
voice bellowing throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at the
gate WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find
his identity, please come to the gate."  With the folks behind him in line
laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his
teeth and swore, "F*** you."  Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm
sorry, sir, but you'll have to stand in line for that, too."  The man
retreated as the people in the terminal applauded loudly.  Although the
flight was canceled and people were late, they were no longer angry at
United.