Acro Image

Aerobatics Server

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: New requirements for Advanced Free

[International Aerobatic Club] [Communications] [Aerobatics Images]

Disclaimer: These aerobatics pages are developed by individual IAC members and do not represent official IAC policy or opinion.

[Usage Statistics]

ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: New requirements for Advanced Free

Thread: New requirements for Advanced Free

Follow-Up To: ACRO Email list (for List Members only)

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 02:45:59 UTC

I haven't seen the official new requirements, but my understanding is that the maximum number of figures drops from 16 to 15 and the maximum K is upped from 250 to 300.  My first reaction was a little negative since I just put together a free that has been working OK for me and this change will force me to change again.  I haven't taken the time to look at just how much more difficult I will have to make my free, but I think the difficulty will be born more by the pilot than the aircraft.  The new free will have 15 figures averaging a k of 20 -- the old free has 16 figures averaging 15.6.  The added k will most likely reduce the number of lines up or down that don't have some kind of roll on them.  The known for this year has a k of 282 (15 figures) -- the new free will have about 5% higher difficulty.

On balance, I agree with the idea that we should get in sync with the CIVA definition for Advanced.  I don't think these changes will eliminate any aircraft that are currently competitive in Advanced.  Since the CIVA guidelines for Advanced bar 6 cylinder Extras, CAPs and the Sukoi 26/29/31, we might even see a reduction in the number of high power aircraft competing in Advanced (assuming their pilots are interested in world Advanced competition).

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired
Email Guenther Eichhorn