ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: contest registration through the Web

Message: contest registration through the Web

From: "Dr. Guenther Eichhorn" <gei at head-cfa.harvard.edu>

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 02:02:02 UTC

Message:

Hi,

The latest version of the WWW contest registration system is
now on-line.  It allows you to fill out your pilot profile
and store the profile on the IAC server.  This profile can
then be used to send pre-registration information to
participating contests, to print out an official contest
registration form which includes this information, and to
send the completed registration form to participating
contests.  You can print your registration form independently
of a registration with a specific contest.

Whether or not the pre-registration information is sent,
and/or the completed form depends on the contest registrar.
My system will tell you what has been submitted.

The registration form can also be printed locally on your
printer.  It has to be printed on one sheet of paper.  If you
don't have a printer that can do that, you can print out two
sheets and then copy one page on the back of the other page.
The registration form that is submitted to IAC MUST be on one
sheet, it would be too easy to separate two sheets.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the system.
If you are a registrar, you can sign your contest up for the
system from the IAC web server.  If you don't have access to
the Web, but you have email and you want your contest in the
system, please contact me and I will let you know what
information I need to sign up your contest.

Talking about contests: Please send your contest results to
the IAC email distributor.  Please copy me on the results, so
I can put them in the collection of results on the IAC server
(sometimes I miss email messages from the IAC distributor).
I think it is worth-while having all contest results on the
IAC server.

Guenther Eichhorn
Guenther Eichhorn            |         `\   /'
CPL,ASMEL,ASES,IA,Glider,CFI |      ------^------
DC-3 type rating             |       |   |O|   |
AOPA, EAA, IAC, SSA          |      ------v------
Pitts S-2A: N1GE             |            |
gei at cfa.harvard.edu          |* Flying is the Pitts *
See also: http://acro.aerobaticsweb.org/iac_homepg.html