ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: [IAC-L:540] Personal messages

From: N77TW at aol.com

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:58:10 UTC

Message:

 While I fully support tolerance, lack of censorship and alike in this forum I
can no longer hold my angst with regard to those who insist on forcing all of
us to read their personal messages to other listees.  If their subject lines
indicated the true nature of their posting, I might be more understanding,
since, I could avoid them.  They don't and I'm not.

True, it only takes a moment to screen their posts and move on but when
coupled with dozens of spammings and other junk posts it adds to the
frustration I believe most of us feel.

Is this lack of concern for the time of others due to laziness, lack of
knowledge of how to email directly or some sick need to have all of us know
your personal business?

Free speech has it's place and I'll be among the first to defend your right
to post anything you want here but I, for one, will find another way to
communicate with others who love aerobatics if the thoughtless among us
continue to force their drivel upon the rest.

Bill Bancroft
n77tw at aol.com

© Dr. Günther Eichhorn
Retired