ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categories

Message: Re: Difficulty of categories

From: Doug Cronkhite <dougc at cerf.net>

Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 15:24:21 UTC

Message:

  > turns, and half vertical rolls to hammer heads.  Inverted spins really ARE an intermediate maneuver, aren't
> they?  Should competitors be out there flying inverted maneuvers without safely being able to do inverted
> spins?  I suggest not.

I don't know.. I would think ANY sportsman pilot should know how to
recover from an inverted spin. I know I fell into enough of them learning
hammers and such that I'm completely comfortable with them :)

> Bottom line....   Sportsman and Intermediate should be viewed as the permanent and happy home for owners of
> limited performance aircraft, and not just as a stepping stone for novice pilots who will someday trade off
> their airplanes for more performance.

I have to agree with the intent here. I know when I was flying an Eagle
II, learning the advanced sequences was a huge jump from the
intermediate..

Just my $.02

Doug Cronkhite