ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categories

Message: Re: Difficulty of categories

From: "Dr. Guenther Eichhorn" <gei at head-cfa.harvard.edu>

Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 17:32:22 UTC

Message:

Hi,

The largest jump in difficulty indeed is between Intermediate
and Advanced.  However, I would suggest to change that not by
making Intermediate more difficult but by making Advanced less
difficult (or at least not make it more difficult).

I strongly disagree with including negative g maneuvers in
Intermediate.  I know several people that don't want to fly
Advanced because of the negative g's, so they stay in
Intermediate.  They would have to go back to Sportsman to avoid
negative g's.  Pushing isn't much fun and I understand that
somepeople don't want to do it.  I don't think Intermediate
should have negative g's.

Why do we want to make any of the lower categories more
difficult?  If you think a category is not challenging enough,
you can move up.

Guenther