ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categories

Message: Re: Difficulty of categories

From: Derek Sherlock <dereks at hpfcla.fc.hp.com>

Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 20:24:18 UTC

Message:

  Don Peterson wrote
> As I suspected, there seems to be a stigma to flying in Sportsman.  We seem to view this as the kindergarten of
> categories, and Intermediate where you go when you don't want to progress any more, but wouldn't be caught dead
> down in Sporty-class.

I want to fly knowns, unknowns, and freestyles.  I want to fly K=175
sequences.  A little higher is OK too.  I'd like to have the opportunity
to do this without having to practice a lot of negative G.  That's the
reason I like the present
intermediate - not because of some alleged "stigma" of Sportsman.

By the way, I see a distinction between "not wanting to progress" and
not wanting to do a lot of outside maneuvers.  I think a lot of
intermediate pilots would agree with this distinction.

Derek.

--
 ___ __ /___ ___    Derek Sherlock
|   /  /_ _ \   |   Fort Collins Systems Lab (FSL)
|  /  / // / \  |   3404 E. Harmony
|  \ / //_/  /  |   Fort Collins CO 80525
      /             Direct: 970-229-7582
  H E W L E T T     Fax:    970-229-7388