ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categories

Message: Re: Difficulty of categories

From: "John Collier" <collier at austin.ibm.com>

Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 20:47:39 UTC

Message:

  The only stigma I attached to Sportsman is the fact that at many contests,
Sporty's are the sacrificial category. I fly the same distance to the
contest, I pay the same fees (sometimes $10 less) yet often the Sporty flights
are flown after the "real" categories have flown. I think your proposal to
add an unknown to Sportsman and to emphasize the importance of ALL categories
getting equal access to flight time would help the grass roots nature of the
sport.