ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categoriesRe:

Message: Difficulty of categoriesRe:

From: "Tom R. Myers" <Tom_Myers at eng.trimble.com>

Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 21:55:35 UTC

Message:

  The categoies have evolved over time to reflect something like
the following:

Sportsman: non-sustained inverted
Intermediate: non-outside
Advenced: outside with limited performance
Unlimited: outside with unlimited performance

You are proposing to skew the nature of these divisions, which
I believe will be highly unpopular. To make the categories more
difficult without changing the nature of the figures would require
longer sequences. I'm not sure what making the sequences into a
test of endurance would accomplish. The competitive purpose of a
contest is to pick the best pilots. I don't think longer sequences
would add anything to the current process.

For what its worth, I have authored a rule change proposal that
will change the third sportsman flight to an unknown. The allowable
figures would be the ones you normally see in Sportsman sequences.
I believe that this is a step in the direction that you are aiming
for. Tom.
--

Tom R. Myers
415-328-2141