ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categories

Message: Re: Difficulty of categories

From: RKlarich at aol.com

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 05:07:48 UTC

Message:

  As a "sporty", I have not experienced being sacrificed to other catagories.
 I believe that anyone performing hammerheads should be comfortable with
inverted spins.

Adding outside manuvers took 10 hours of work for me in my S1S.  It is not
comfortable, but I am confident and I believe competent.  Outside spins from
inverted do not require heavy negative g, yet are a bear to hit heading with!
 Seems better than a push-out manuver for consideration.  Would also stress
the manuver out in the open at competitions.

Personally, I do not enjoy snapping my own airframe under power.  Outside
snaps "go wrong" with altitude loss more often than manuvers, IMHO.  I am not
there yet personally, but the discussion on the jump from intermed. to
advanced should keep the net going thru the down season.

Rich Klarich
Pitts S1S N60DD