ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of Categories

Message: Difficulty of Categories

From: "Dennis N. Yugo" <dyugo at hooked.net>

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 14:44:33 UTC

Message:

  I also favor a Sportsman Unknown. For safety reasons, since this is a
beginning category, they should be designed conservatively, but even so
it would add appreciably to the challenge of the category.

Requiring pushes in Intermediate, on the other hand, is a bad idea.
There are people who have very sound medical- or aircraft-related
reasons for not flying outside figures; they would be pushed into
Sportsman, which would lead some to suggest that now Sportsman should be
made more difficult, with higher K's etc., as well as more difficult
Unknowns.

As it is, doing well in Intermediate requires maximum performance from
pilot and machine in the inside world. I think that is exactly
appropriate. Nothing prohibits those who want to push to add outside
stuff in their freestyles, or from moving into Advanced.
--
Dennis Yugo
http://www.hooked.net/~dyugo