ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of Categories

Message: Re: Difficulty of Categories

From: "Michael R. Heuer" <70263.1676 at CompuServe.COM>

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 16:16:05 UTC

Message:

  Thanks to everyone for all the posts!

Just a reminder on procedure .... all of you have until October 15th to submit
formal rules proposals to the IAC Rules Chairman Howie Stock.  This would put
them in the hopper for 1998.  The Rules Committee will meet early next year and
present their recommendations to the IAC Board in March 1997.   The Board will
approve a set of proposed revisions for 1998 which will then be presented to the
membership in an early spring magazine.  The comment period for members will
run, as it always does, until October 15th.  Final approval of 1998 changes,
after the comment period, will occur at the November 1997 IAC Board meeting.

I bring this up because of an earlier post which implied the IAC Board
arbitrarily voted to increase the K in the Advanced Free.  This is not what
happened or how the procedure works.  The Board did vote to increase the K "in
principal" ... pending comments by the membership.  The proposed 1997 changes
were presented to the membership in SPORT AEROBATICS magazine (I believe in
April) with the request for comments to be submitted no later than October 15th.
I do not know how many comments Howie has received but his line is always open.
You can e-mail him at: IACVP at aol.com.  Howie will also accept rules proposals by
e-mail as well.

I invite any and all of you who have some ideas on how to change our categories
to submit them to Howie by next Tuesday, the 15th.  Then the process of
considering the proposals can begin and we could see possible implementation on
January 1, 1998 .... not as far away as it sounds.

Mike Heuer
IAC Director & Member, Rules Committee

The Board meets in Oshkosh on October 31 and November 1 and we invite you to go
back and study those rules proposals submitted to the membership in the spring
and if you have a comment, just send it along.  Guenther has also posted the
Knowns that are proposed for 1997 on the IAC home page.  Comments welcome on
those, too.  The