ACRO E-mail Archive Thread: Difficulty of categoriesRe:

Message: Re: Difficulty of categoriesRe:

From: Eric Rood <ericrood at freenet.columbus.oh.us>

Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:02:18 UTC

Message:

  Tom  put it quite simply and nicely.  I would like to add that there is a
high turnover rate within the orgaization.  I have never done the analysis
on paper, however, comparing faces and names leads me to the conclusion
that the average membership lasts one to five years.  The high turnover
rate of competitors leads to a "history of the organization" knowledge
begininning with that member's sign up date.  It is interesting to see
many old ideas posted on this forum.  To those who think they have an idea
for improving the organzation, and there are many posted that are new and
original, I suggest that you contact current or old officers directly (see
the front of SPORT AEROBATICS) and ask if they have heard of your proposal
in the past and what became of it.  This will allow you to refine it into
a polished proposal with a good chance of acceptance by the majority.
  Another consideration when proposing changing the catagories and
maneuvers is to look at the aircraft involved in a particular catagory and
study the damage history of related maneuvers.  Specifically, Citabrias,
Decathlons in the Sportsman Catagory.

Eric Rood
ericrood at freenet.columbus.oh.us